Saturday, August 31, 2013

How Much Does That Lure Cost?

I'm as guilty as anyone. Looking at my plastic boxes full of topwaters,I can't believe how much money some of them cost.
Some of my baits cost over $20 a piece! And I have several like that.We all get tired of throwing the same bait all the time, but how much time do you spend throwing those high dollar baits?
Me? Well, not that much. We all have confidence baits and I think that's a good thing. What good is a bass trip doubting what you are throwing at the bass?

Lets take cost out of the equation.How many baits do you have that you have no fun throwing? Believe me. I have plenty that wear me out after awhile. Even if they produce fish, if its not fun, I'm out. Why? Because I have plenty of baits that catch bass that are so much fun to throw.
The cost of a bait has nothing to do with it's bass catching ability. Some of my favorite baits that I throw cost less than
$10.And to be really truthfull, the baits that cost $5 are my bass catching machines.
If you look at my pics, you know which baits I'm talking about.If the $20 baits caught bass constantly, I would be truthful and say so.
In closing, I want to to you I believe it's all in your presentation of the topwater. Not even the color is that important. Match the hatch? What bait fish is chartreuse or black? Around here, none.I honestly feel, it's how you maneuver that bait on the surface.Thats the reason a feathered treble hook on back is so important for presentation.it becomes an important part of your lure's presentation.
I will continue to by expensive baits and cheap ones also.
The bass does not know how much you spent on the lure he or she is looking at. But confidence in what you throw is what counts at any cost.


No comments:

Post a Comment